|Olandata Standard Terms and Conditions
|The following terms and conditions apply to the provision of services to you by Olandata Ltd. Once Olandata Ltd has accepted your order by sending you a written confirmation or by commencing the provision of the Service (as defined below):
1. Olandata Ltd shall use reasonable endeavours to provide the service to you specified in your order ("the Service"). You acknowledge and agree that Olandata Ltd does not guarantee the provision of the Service on an uninterrupted basis but that Olandata Ltd shall use reasonable endeavours to meet the service levels, if any, which may have been specified to you. In the event that no Service Levels are specified, Olandata Ltd shall provide the relevant Service with reasonable care and skill. You further acknowledge and agree that Olandata Ltd is currently revising its Service Levels and that you accept such revised Service Levels from time to time.
2. If Olandata Ltd applies for the registration of a domain name on your behalf as part of the Service you warrant,
represent and undertake as follows:
(a) that you have the right to use the name which will form the prefix of the domain name; and
(b) by requesting Olandata Ltd to apply to register the domain name you agree to comply with
the relevant registration authority’s terms and conditions as specified from time to time and
indemnify and keep Olandata Ltd and its directors fully and effectively indemnified at all times against
all costs, claims, liabilities, losses, damages, actions and expenses
(including without limitation, legal expenses) arising directly or indirectly
from the registration and/or breach by you of this clause 2 including, without limitation,
the relevant registration authority’s terms and conditions.
3. Olandata Ltd shall use reasonable endeavours during Office Hours to provide advice and support
concerning the provision of the Services to you by telephone on the support number specified on the Website
from time to time and shall, where appropriate, seek to provide remote diagnosis and fault corrections.
Olandata Ltd shall provide such advice and support with reasonable care and skill. For the avoidance of doubt,
Olandata Ltd shall not be obliged to carry out any site visits or otherwise provide support other than by telephone.
For the purposes of this clause 3, "Office Hours" shall mean 09.00 to 17.30 on any weekday excluding public
and bank holidays in England.
4. Your sole remedy for failure by Olandata Ltd to meet the Service Levels shall be to terminate this Agreement
in accordance with clause 15.
5. This Agreement shall commence on the date specified by Olandata Ltd in its confirmation of
your order or the date that Olandata Ltd commences the provision of the Service (whichever is the sooner)
and shall continue in force until terminated in accordance with its terms.
6. Olandata Ltd shall use reasonable endeavours to commence the provision of the Service to you by
the end of the next Business Day following the day upon which payment in full for the Service is
received from you. For the purposes of this Agreement, "Business Day" means any day excluding Saturday,
Sunday and any bank or public holiday in England.
7. You must pay Olandata Ltd for the Service at the rate agreed with Olandata Ltd at the time of
placing your order as such rate may be revised by Olandata Ltd from time to time provided that
Olandata Ltd shall not revise such rate more than once in any period of twelve months and
you shall pay such rate in advance on or before the beginning of each payment period as
agreed with Olandata Ltd at the time of placing your order ("the due date").
Any failure by you to pay in full by the due date will entitle Olandata Ltd at any time
thereafter without notice to you to terminate the provision of the Service with immediate effect.
8. You undertake and agree to:
(a) keep your contact details up to date and forthwith notify us in writing of any amendments;
(b) keep your passwords confidential and only disclose them to such of your employees who need
to know them and you will procure that those employees keep such passwords confidential; and
(c) comply with the terms and conditions of use of any third party networks and services used in
the provision of the Service which are not directly operated or provided by Olandata Ltd and/or
which are not under the control of Olandata Ltd.
9. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the Service may be closed down and suspended in order for work to be carried
out relating to the upgrading or maintenance of the Service or for other reasons relating to the
provision of the Service. Olandata Ltd shall use reasonable endeavours to give you reasonable notice
of such closure and suspension and shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that such works are carried
out as quickly as reasonably practicable;
10. By submitting your order for the provision of the Service on the terms and conditions of this Agreement
you hereby expressly consent to Olandata Ltd using any and all information provided by you from time to
time for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, the marketing of Olandata Ltd products
and/or services to you and the sending to you of e-mails concerning Olandata Ltd products and services
and or any technical announcements by Olandata Ltd concerning the Service and you hereby expressly
consent to Olandata Ltd transferring the information to any third party that is a group undertaking
of Olandata Ltd (as defined in Section 259 of the Companies Act 1985 (as amended)) anywhere in the world.
For the avoidance of doubt, Olandata Ltd will not sell such information to any third party.
11. All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights subsisting or created in the
provision of the Service shall remain the property of Olandata Ltd or its licensor and you will not
derive any right, title or interest in them. You shall indemnify and keep Olandata Ltd indemnified
against any and all losses, claims, liabilities, damages, demands, costs and expenses
(including, without limitation, legal costs and expenses) incurred by Olandata Ltd as a result of
failure by you to comply with this clause 11.
12. You and Olandata Ltd hereby agree that any information of a confidential or proprietary nature supplied
to the other or generated by either party during the term of this Agreement shall not be used by the other,
save for the purposes of this Agreement and shall not be disclosed to a third party, in each case, without
the prior written consent of the other, whether during the term of this Agreement or after its termination or expiration.
13. Olandata Ltd may, at its sole option and without any obligation to refund monies paid by you pursuant to clause 7,
terminate this Agreement immediately on written notice to you if:
(a) ordered to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(b) the use of the Service is or becomes illegal;
(c) if there is a breach of this Agreement;
(d) the continued use of the Service could cause technical problems on the Internet; or
(e) you act in any way or do anything which may reasonably be construed to impugn the trade mark rights of Olandata Ltd
or otherwise be detrimental to the business, goodwill or reputation of Olandata Ltd.
14. Either party may terminate this Agreement by serving not less than 28 days written notice on the other provided
that if you terminate this Agreement pursuant to this clause 14 you shall not be entitled to a refund
of any monies paid pursuant to clause 7.
15. You may terminate this Agreement immediately by serving written notice on Olandata Ltd if Olandata Ltd
persistently fails to meet the Service Levels.
16. Olandata Ltd gives no warranty and makes no representation in respect of the Service save as expressly
set out in this Agreement and hereby excludes, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all conditions,
warranties, terms, undertakings and representations, express or implied, whether by statue, common law
or otherwise in relation to such Service.
17. Olandata Ltd shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise in respect
of any loss of profits and/or for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage arising
out of or in connection with the Service, including without limitation:
(a) loss of revenue; and/or
(b) loss of anticipated savings; and/or
(c) loss of business and/or goods; and/or
(d) loss of goodwill; and/or
(e) loss of use; and/or
(f) loss and/or corruption of data and/or other information; and/or
(g) downtime; and/or
(h) any damage relation to the procurement of any substitute services.
For the avoidance of doubt, neither the types of loss and/or damage specified in sub-clauses (a) to (h) inclusive of this clause 17 nor any similar types of loss and/or damage shall constitute direct loss for the purposes of this Agreement.
18. No waiver by either party of any provisions of this Agreement shall be binding unless made expressly and
confirmed in writing. Any such waiver shall not apply to any subsequent or other matter, non-compliance or breach.
19. Notices to either party must be given in writing and sent by first class post, e-mail or facsimile to the relevant
addresses specified on the Website in the case of Olandata Ltd, and in your order in your case, as amended
by no less than 15 days’ notice in writing by the parties from time to time. A notice shall be deemed
delivered within three Business Days of posting in the case of first class post;
twenty four (24) hours after sending the e-mail in the case of e-mail and on completion of the transmission
as shown in the transmission report the case of facsimile.
20. No person other than a party to this Agreement shall be entitled to enforce any term of it.
21. In no event shall Olandata Ltd’s liability to you whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise exceed
the amount paid by you for the relevant Service.
22. Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or restrict the liability of either party for fraudulent misrepresentation
and/or for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of that party, its officers,
employees, agents and/or sub-contractors.
23. The terms and conditions are exclusively governed by English law and you and Olandata Ltd submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.